Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Variation On A Theme




I was just reading on JenJen's where she was posting about the wheels coming off of a supposed relationship.  I have mentioned a few times in several posts that I don't do well in relationships... I try... I really try...

It's interesting in the way that some people get dumped... I guess that sounds passive... or the way in which some people dump others... that sounds... "proactive" for lack of a better word...


I was dating Laura...  I will call her that... because that was her name... (credit Jenjen with that line)...  We had been dating for a while... 7 or 8 months... I thought things were going well... we were in bed one night... snuggling... and she asked me... if I move to Birmingham, what happens to "us?"  I asked her if I was invited to go with her if she moved... and she said "of course..."  So... silly me takes that as a positive sign for the direction of the relationship... I have been teaching in the university system for quite a long time... and should be able to translate those skills into many other types of positions   and then the week after that, she gives me a very nicely framed photo of "us"... which I thought was another very positive sign for the direction of the relationship... so I am feeling great about things... great about us... I am really into her... she seems to be really into me...


Until the next time I see her... we have a great weekend together... and as I am leaving to return home (I lived two driving hours away from Laura) she tells me...

"I don't Love you... I don't want to see you again..."

And I am stunned... I am speechless... I am hurt... all of the different things we had talked about over the past few weeks... and how wonderful she would tell me I was... and how I was the best thing to happen to her in a long time... and its all gone...

It's bizarre the way people break up with others...  and maybe I am still in somewhat of a state of flux with that break up... to the point where I notice Michelle's extra hotness today...


I dated Robin for a few years...  We dated... broke up... and like in Jenjen's case, I get a phone call from her... late one night...  And after the initial phone niceties... she says...

"I have something I need to tell you..."

Those are about the scariest eight words one can hear from another...

Robin needed to tell me... that the entire time we dated... the entire time we were involved... and the entire time I was in love with her... that she was fucking some married guy...

W T F !!!!!!! 

Why?  Why did she need to call me... after a few years... to tell me that? Why did she think I needed to know that??

So I ask of her... "That trip you took to San Francisco... to see your cousin???  You were really   with him ...???"

To which she replied... "Yes."

After we talked... I sat and pondered... why did she call me to tell me that? After all of those years?? Why???

And the answer seemed to come to me... she was obviously on some kind of a 12-Step Program... somewhere around Number 9 or Number 10 is... to atone for all of the wrongs you have caused another...

Bless her heart...

Robin's Dad died a few weeks ago... Guess who got a phone call from Robin?

I am too nice... I keep telling myself... "No More Mr Nice Guy..."

But its who I am... and I stayed up way too long talking to Robin about the death of her Dad...

I wonder if there is a book out there... "Bad Boys For Dummies?"  Maybe its not too late to change...

Rant off... Good night...

3 comments:

  1. Yes... I suppose you are right on all accounts, Jenjen... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura is just your typical crazy woman, I meet them all the time. Robin a just a bitch and there is no way I would have stayed on the phone with her! Confessing that crap to someone else just make the confessor feel better. Fuck that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Bathwater... well... I know... but since I seem to be the constant in a series of failed relationships with "crazy" women, I have started to wonder if I'm not the one with the problem... who knows... blerk...

    ReplyDelete