Something really really really neat happened tonight... It was just one of those things that... happened!!!!
I went to my favorite Mezkin restaurant here in town... really good food... REALLY REALLY great margaritas... YUM!!!!!
And... across the room from me was a table of little ladies... late 60s to early 70s...
and they were all decked out in their Red Hat Society hats and garb... except for one...
They were having the GRANDEST time... and at some point, the little ladies started pulling bags out from under their table... and presenting them to the lady without the Red Hat gear...So, I figure that they are letting her into their 'club'... their 'enclave'.... and the little lady was SO excited...
Hell.. I wanted to play... and I got this great Idea...
I asked my waiter about which waiter was taking care of their table... and he told me that he was... and I told him...
When they are finished, I want their ticket... bring it to me... and tell them nothing other than they were treated by Santa Claus...
I am probably being selfish... It really wasn't about me... it was about them being treated... they were all doing for this one lady... and I wanted to do for them... Their excitement and happiness was totally unanticipated...
I'm going to look for opportunities to do this more often!!!
~shoes~



nice posting here that you share with us. thanks for this.
ReplyDeletewomens shoes
Those red hats, my fiends mom is one she is the nicest lady and always doing something.
ReplyDeleteUm
ReplyDeleteShoes?
I love margaritas and the color red.
Just sayin
Hi there,Shef... Thank you... the world needs more kind acts from everyone... go do something for someone...
ReplyDeleteGood morning, Bathwater... yeah... they do have a good time, those lil Red Hat Ladies...
Jen... 'Red' is the color of passion... don't you know?!?!? ;o) And margaritas?? YUM!!!
~shoes~
I'm out tonite for some margarita style holiday cheer.
ReplyDeleteTequila, you are my BFF.
Dayum... be careful... or not... ;o) remember that song... 'tequila makes her clothes fall off... :oD
ReplyDelete~shoes~
That was very nice of you, Santa Red Shoes!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!