I have become so disenchanted with politicians... I wish I understood their mindset... I am "right" of the Democratic Party... I am "left" of the Republican Party....
Not quite sure where that puts me...
But I do have to admit... they all provide for a great deal of laughs...
The Health Care Plan... in many of the current formats in which it exists... scares the hell out of me...
I wish it focused more on 'catastrophic' issues... I personally don't want... or don't need the government paying for my annual check-ups and minor health problems... Girl Redshoes was complaining about having to go to the doctor last week and about what it cost to go... and was angry because she and her husband don't have health insurance.
The problem for which she went to the doctor wasn't life threatening...
She and her husband are bartenders in New Orleans... they don't receive benefits from their employers, but they make quite a lot of money... and I've asked why they don't set a little aside and purchase a health insurance policy with a high deductible... they could pay for the lesser things that come along, but then would have insurance if something significant or catastrophic happened...
The attached cartoon I think is funny... you may have to click on it to enlarge it so you can read it... to me, it's right up there with the 'Mission Accomplished!" photo op that Bush had...
I was worried about our country under the Bush Administration... I do have to admit that I am still worried... and I don't see any relief... any comfort in sight...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

snooooze.
ReplyDeletePolitics is a snore if you ask me.
HA my word ver: maniur. Pronounced MANURE or, in English, SHIT.
Perhaps you're libertarian and don't know it.
ReplyDeleteThe best insurance vehicle out there is a catastrophic policy with a Health Savings Account. It makes people be responsible for the little things and insurance will cover the big events.
Health care costs wouldn't be so expensive if the government would keep its nose out of it. I have a physician friend who was mandated to raise his office visit fees or Medicare would not reimburse his elderly patients (just one example).