Monday, June 30, 2014

"Missing In Action..."


I'm OK...

You're OK...

Good evening, folks...

I've been missing...

I've been struggling...



I've been feeling rather beat up...

I've felt very insignificant...

I can't tell you enough how much

I've appreciated the emails and messages from you...

asking about me...

checking on me...

I'm OK...

God Bless you all...

~shoes~

38 comments:

  1. Hey, we all need to step away for awhile!. I figured u needed your space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you might need to make some "Tear Soup"
    But only watch if you are ready: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USN8GGbC4Ck

    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. sending you hugs and good wishes. that whatever you're struggling with or going through, will pass quickly. you've been missed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This time of year I expect you are hiding out in the air conditioning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Figured you needed time to recharge your batteries. I hope you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Folks... it's just been a difficult time... the trip out West took more out of me than I imagined that it would... there have been issues with my children...

    I have just felt 'spent'...

    Blah... but it's getting better...

    Thank you again... you all are great...

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww. Huggles Professor. I'm sorry things have been difficult. That kinda stuff seems to come in seasons. Wish it were more like days, but it never really feels like that. Hope you continue to rejuvenate and feel superiorly SIGNIFICANT because you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear that you're OK, more or less. I have no idea what's going on, but I hope things get better and you return soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry you've hit a rough patch, Shoes. My heart goes out to you. I hope that things will look and feel brighter soon. You've done a wonderful thing for your friend. I hope the memory brings you joy. Be well and take care of YOU!!

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all... I'm getting better...

    In addition, my family (remaining brothers and sisters have once again been redefined by Death... I am so sure that my Mom and Dad would be so disappointed in their children.

    'Scattering Scooter' was one of the best things I've ever done... for another and for myself.

    ...still, I just don't understand people.

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shoes: It is still up to you. Letting it continue affect you will not help the healing process. Talk it out, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there, JJ... part of what is bothering me is the way that a brother treated some of us after the death of my sister. This is someone from whom I would have NEVER expected this kind of behavior...

    I've had dreams about this... which have gone from him physically beating me up to one where he was shooting me...

    I know that in these situations it's about him hurting me... I've been writing about it... it's slowly letting go... I haven't had a dream recently...

    Thank you for your concern...

    Do you have great plans for the 4th??

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was wondering where you were. You're being missed AND that's because you're significant. You may want to read that again, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Grumpster... how are you doing? I'm going to make a point to getting back to reading blogs... How are you feeling?? Better I hope...

      ~shoes~

      Delete
    2. Much better.... Right now I'm grading ten thousand papers so maybe my feeling better won't last....

      Delete
  14. Yes! I agree with Blue! (of course, of course ) You are very significant and without red shoes we are nothing. Can you feel tat love up there Shoes? can ya? ;) lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Jules... thank you,dear...

      have you photographed any new cool doors lately? Everytime I see a neat door, I think of your...

      I trust all is fine and dandy with you!!!

      ~shoes~

      Delete
    2. HA! Was that deliberate or did you just miss the 'S' off by pure Freudian slip? hehehehe...

      Shoes, I took a lovely door the other day. I'll keep you updated as I find some good 'uns my darling :)

      Delete
    3. "HA! Was that deliberate or did you just miss the 'S' off by pure Freudian slip? hehehehe..."

      Man O Man O Man...

      Psychologists would have a field day with THAT one... wouldn't they??

      Well... in the spirit of keeping everything somewhat unknowns...

      I'll never tell...;o)

      ~shoes~

      Delete
    4. He he....My two favourite teachers. I bet I could learn a thing from you two, eh?

      Anyway I've moved. So when you're back in the mix, I live here now- http://www.julessmith.co.uk/blog
      I'm all grown up and everything. So behave ;P (Just kidding)

      Delete
    5. He thinks of your.... Dear Lord, Shoes!

      Delete
  15. I'm sorry you're going through this with your brother. Death changes people. Sometimes it brings them closer, other times, it rips them apart. I think it's part of the healing process. We each heal in different ways.

    When my first husband died, and then my dad right after him, I mourned in a very unhealthy way. I turned to alcohol to numb the pain at night so I could sleep. Terrible behavior. It took a sister in law (who was only 17 at the time) to let me see my mistakes. She made an off-handed comment about my drinking after the kids went to bed. She asked what I would do if there was an emergency but I wasn't able to wake up…great point.

    I guess what I'm saying is, I didn't act rationally either. I'm sure I surprised many people with how I mourned but I eventually turned myself around and got back on the right path.

    (Long comment finally over)

    Be well, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there, Elsie...

    I've written from time to time about how... when I feel that I am out-of-kilter... that I try to 'slow down' my Life... not that I can actually manipulate time... but... just not do anything stupid.

    I made my super duper mis-step (being kind to myself here) after my Dad died and then found myself getting divorced just a few months later... what a train wreck.

    We eventually find our paths... our ways... either by ourselves or through the help of others.. no?

    Thank you for your wonderfully long comment... it's helpful... :o)

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  17. I get that.... I am in that place too...

    but... we will be ok... this I know for sure. You are surely missed and cared about... don't ever forget that..

    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you... Yes, we WILL be ok... Sometimes, I just get lost and confused in how some relationships with family members have played out over a life time...

      I think this is why I have been so hurt by the actions of this one... and I am having the dreams that I have been having.

      ... but yes, we will be ok.

      Thank you for this...

      ~shoes~

      Delete
  18. Shoes, I had been thinking about you, too. Glad you made the "scattering Scooter" trip; what a wonderful thing to do for a friend. Sorry about the family issues; hope they will get resolved but sometimes it takes a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there, Blissed... more and more, I think about a couple of communications we have shared about retirement... and it may be that time.

    'Scattering Scooter' may be one of the best things I've ever done... honestly... literally...

    It caused me to really look deep inside myself... inside other issues... and I am seeing some thing more clearly than I ever have at any time in my Life...

    I think that those things are resolved... I just have to accept them...

    Thank you so much for your kind words...

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are most definitely NOT insignificant!

    Sending you some positive and healing thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think if u were to adopt a dog especially one that desperately needs love and care u would find that life would show u the simple joys and blessings. And u would feel very much that u were needed and mattered to this breathing creature whom would love u more than their life. The Professor has filled holes in my lonely life. And I find nowadays I only want and need him. Amazing how 25 pounds of fur and fluff brings me such joy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh and no excuses I do not have time to love a dog. I travel too much. Blah take ur buddy with u--u will find u won't want to leave them behind.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're far too unique and wonderful to be insignificant. I'm thinking there might be something in the water or the stars because I've been feeling the same. Perhaps a big luscious group hug is in order... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Shoes, I didn't realize you have been struglling. Huggles, I'm glad to hear you are getting better

    ReplyDelete
  25. I didn't realize you were having difficulties, but I noticed you hadn't been around. I hope things are OK or at least getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  26. SHOES! I've mended everything so get your arse back to my pad!
    Where are you? How are you? come back....You are missed. Please feel better soon.... x I can't live without you and Blue.

    I now have follow buttons on my new site - hoorah - and you can now add me to your reader. My RSS feed - http://www.julessmith.co.uk/feed
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete