I
donated blood this morning…
They don’t
use this method of obtaining ones blood any longer… at least, not today.
… but
for the purposes intended,
this bus is very efficient.
Granted,
the image of the Blood-Mobile isn’t as exciting or sexy as the photo of the
blood licker above…
What
is sexy and exciting is that one donation
can be used to help three people in
need.
... and today marked my 30th donation...
... so donate if you can...
... if you are eligible...
Who knows...
You might meet someone interesting...
~shoes~





YAY!!! You never know who's life you're saving.
ReplyDeleteWhere's a sexy manpire?! If I'm gonna get bit - oops - donate, I'd like some mancandy
Hi, Robelyn... re: not knowing whose life one is saving is exactly right!
ReplyDeleteAs you know, I donate in memory of my good friend, Barry... who died some years ago. He was a physician and was about saving lives.... I had thought of something I could do in his memory... and the blood mobile truck happened to be outside.
That's a sign if I had ever seen one...
I thought you didn't like being bit?
As for mancandy, do a giggles search and you will find it...
~shoes~-
yes... i think it's cool that you donate in honor of Barry...
Deleteas for being bit... i'll get back to you on that 'cause that's the way i hang... *giggle*
p.s. shits and giggles will be up and running early 2014...
DeleteI've heard about how you hang...
Delete'Shits & Giggles?' Is that your new on-line store?
HAR!
~shoes~
My oldest started donating when she was 18... She has O negative (I think or positive). anyway the Red Cross loved her blood and kept calling religiously... She got hooked because of the pins and t-shirts they give out... her collection of pins was unbelievable.. Anyway she goes to Italy for school and her master's... Comes back and I guess she doesn't have enough iron in her blood... Her diet changed dramatically... her choice.. she practically gave up dairy products and meat... She no longer gives blood.. the phone calls got a bit obnoxious..
ReplyDeleteGood morning, Chris...
ReplyDeleteType O... either positive or negative... are highly sought.
O Negative is the universal donor...
AB Positive is the universal recipient...
I am A Positive... if much time goes between donations, I get phone calls...
I don't really care about the pins or shirts... I would rather they save the monies that they spend on these items and become more efficient in what they do.
~shoes~
Great vamps photo's! Hell even I wouldn't mind getting bit by those sexy creatures..lol. I donated blood a lot when I lived in CT and SC. I move to FL and they keep telling me my veins are too difficult. Idiots. The lab where I get regular bloodwork drawn never have a problem and tell me that they don't understand what the problem is. But I keep going and I keep trying. I'm O- so I'd think they'd keep trying till they get it right. Good for you for doing this in honor of your friend. Great idea.
ReplyDeleteHi there, Barb... Good afternoon...
DeleteThey are quite interesting... those vamps...
Some people seem to have difficulty finding a vein... others seem to be able to go right to it!!
I had always been nervous about donating, but after Barry died, the fear factor kind of just went away.
Thank you so much!!
~shoes~
I got stuck on the red rubber ball...
ReplyDeleteonly YOU could make blood sexy shoes
Why, thank you, Ms Monkey!!
DeleteI assure you that it wasn't all that!!!
HAR!!
I trust you are doing well...
~shoes~
They can't get my tiny veins to give up enough blood for a donation. Hope I never need a transfusion because I doubt they could get that going, either. Anyway, Shoes, I'm glad you do give blood, early and often!
ReplyDeleteHi there, Blissed...
DeleteI figure donating helps so many people... and as Robelyn stated above, we never know who it's going to be...
:o)
~shoes~
Oh hell no. There could be a night out with Marisa Tomei waiting at the other end and that wouldn't happen. I am soooo chicken shit. I'll do the food bank.
ReplyDeleteGood morning, Steven...
DeleteMarisa Tomei? I'm thinking that Fran Drescher would scare the Be~Jesus out of me!!
HAR @ the food bank...
~shoes~
"I vant to suck your blood!" - hahaha Donating blood always makes me feel good inside. I'm helping someone's life get better. :)
ReplyDeleteHA @ Yvonne!!!
DeleteIt is a great thing to do!!
I hope you have a great weekend!!
~shoes~