Tuesday, June 26, 2012

'ZZ Top...'






'I remember Ruby...
She always dressed in Red,
Wearin' skin tight pants,
Lord, and how she could dance...'

Three chords and a cloud of dust...

I would wear one of those jackets in a heart beat!!
Anybody know where I can get one?
I DO own a hat like those!!


These guys get more mileage from that description than any other band I know...


I didn't care that much for their techno-phase...


'Down At The Balinese'



Babies... mere babies...




'Mexican Blackbird'

'Aw, let's drive that old Chrysler to Mexico, boys...'




'Blue Jean Blues'

I have been a fan of this band since... way back!!


Meanwhile...
back at the  ranch...



At the time you are reading this, I am, hopefully, recovering from surgery... While I am out and under the influence of whatever they use to knock me out, I hope I have visions of ZZ Top and their gals racing through my head...

I'm hoping that the doctor will have good news...


In the meantime... 


I'll keep the three chords and a cloud of dust thing going...



Thank ya... thank ya ver' much...


I am so not looking forward to this...
*sighs*


~shoes~























10 comments:

  1. I hope everything goes (has gone) well for you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were one of my dad's favourite bands. =) Hope you're recovering super fast, Red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're doing well. I always liked the car and the keys in their 80s videos. I suppose if I were a guy I would have seen nothing but the girls. Ah... but then I am not a boy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!! Have you seen them in concert or was that a stupid question to ask? HA! I got to see them back in the 90's (GOOD TIMES)

    Have you heard some of Black Keys new music? I think some of their songs give a little ZZ Top feel to it.

    Praying that you get good news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blah...

    I am hurting so bad. I had sinus surgery... if you haven't had it before, don't dismiss it on the Pain~0~Meter...

    However, my main concern was a painful mass that appeared on the cheek bone about six months ago... and that's going to be biopsied.

    The operation, as far as surgeries go, went well.

    I felt like Hell, but made a 2-hour drive just so I could be sick in my own bed and recover.

    Thank you all for your well-wishes...

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  6. now, you know that i am not one to pry, but...

    what happened? where are you? what's going on? are you ill? why are you ill? are you in hospital? what's going to happen? are they being nice to you? are the nurses hot? are they going to amputate anything? if you had to choose, what would you amputate? what is your blood type? do you know my blood type? when are you out of hospital?

    just a few quick questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kage... I'm back home today. I had the surgery in Oxford, MS on Tuesday. Hopefully, I will heal and live happily ever aft... well... for more years anyway.

      No amputations, no 'hot'nurses, but they were all incredibly kind, especially Daphne, the young lady who was the recovery room nurse. what would I amputate? Well, I got rid of the wife (now ex-wife) so no amputation jokes there. My kids have left the house. I do know my blood type (A+), and no I don't know your blood type.

      I just want to feel better.

      Blah...

      ~shoes~

      Delete
  7. Sinus surgery--- you poor thing! I hope you are doing and feeling much better now. I love ZZ Top! Their videos were so awesome
    and I think ahead of their time. I was channeling surfing one night and came across a reality show on A&E: "Duck Dynasty" and the theme music to the show is "Sharp Dressed Man" which is on of my fave ZZ Top songs.

    Get Well Soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you... I am working on getting well.

      Those guys at 'Duck Commander'are really riots...

      I hope you have a great weekend...

      ~shoes~

      Delete
  8. Saturday Night, 8.09 Ms Delta Time...

    I think I turned the corner late this afternoon. I didn't feel well at all this morning, but somewhere late afternoon, I realized I was doing pretty ok...

    Still very sore face and forehead... fever blisters and stuff like that.

    Second Semester Summer School starts Monday, and maybe I will be ready to go...

    Thank you for your well-wishes...

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete