Happy Birthday, Mom!!!
On this date, October 7th, in 1912, my Mother, Evelyn Ruth Ohl, was born... Mom would have been 99 today... Mom was born in a small German settlement in South West Illinois... Mascoutah.
I've posted these photos of my Mom before...
I can remember my Mom holding her purse
exactly the way she is holding it in the photo above.
I believe that I received the compassion about others... a sense of fairness that I have from my Mom. Girl Shoes has told me that when she sees some photos of me, that she sees her Memom looking back at her. Some times I feel that I look a great deal like Mom... other times I feel that I look a great deal like my Grandmother Brown... a woman that I never knew.
I miss you, Mom... each and every day...
With each and every day that passes,
you just get further and further away from me.
I hope you know how many times
a day I think of you...
I hope you know how many times
a day I think of you...
I do love you so...
Your son...
~Jim~




What a beautiful tribute. This is the first time I've seen these pictures- wow, what a lovely woman.
ReplyDeleteGreat tribute. I so relate. I miss my mom, too.
ReplyDeleteAwwww Shoes. She is not further away. Actually, each day, you draw closer to the moment you will see her again.I can see your face overlaid on hers. It is obvious you are the living part of her.
ReplyDelete((Hugs))
Happy birthday! She did something exceptional with her life. She produced a child with talent and heart. That says a lot about the example she made.
ReplyDelete@ Princess... thank you ever so much for your nice words and comment... I do miss her so much.
ReplyDelete@ Monkey Man.. Thank you for your comment. I know you must miss her.
@ Annie... Thank you, sweetie. I SO miss her... there is literally not a moment during the day that she and Dad don't walk through my thought process... *sighs*
@ Autumn... I think she set a great example for how I should live my Life... I can't believe she's been gone so long...
~shoes~
Happy Birthday to your Mom! She sounds like the sort of person who touched the lives of all that knew her.
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful post for a beautiful woman... Happy Birthday to your Mom... I know she is watching over you and cheering you on as you live your life - and I know she's proud of the man that you are.
ReplyDeleteYou do look so much like her...
xoxo
robelyn
that was beautiful, shoes. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteYou said it well Shoes. Mom's are amazing people and I am sure she is watching over you and smiling .. today and everyday and missing you too. Ever proud of her amazing little boy!
ReplyDeleteHey Red, You know I miss my Mum every day too. Big hugs from me, always.
ReplyDeleteSarah xxx
nice tribute to your mom. i know the feeling.
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely tribute to your mom. I don't know how long she's been gone, but mine's been gone 31 years and I still miss her. I guess our moms are reminding us to be nice people, right?
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post!! There's nothing quite like a boy and his momma :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Monday Dear! Hope you had a good weekend!
Shoes.... I love that you have that soft side to you. and yes, you resemble your mom (in a manly way). what a lovely tribute ... got a bit teary eyed. my mother is bitter, hates men, and refused to have her picture taken.
ReplyDeletemy mom is 86, recovering from a broken hip and just diagnosed with leukemia...she doesn't want to treat it....what do ya do?
ReplyDelete