Boy Shoes...
So... I have this son... BoyShoes as I affectionately refer to him... He has this rather insane sense of humor, and one never really knows what he's going to say or do next. I honestly have no idea from where this trait comes...
For example, here are three text messages I've received from him recently...
'So I had a dream I beat the shit out of Hitler last night. Not going to try and even figure that one out...'
I have no idea where this comes from, but BoyShoes is greatly subject to a great deal of 'free association'... so who knows... really...
Hank, Jr., referred to the president as being like Hitler, and the news media goes insane... yet just a few years ago, stories about someone calling Bush, "Hitler" would invoke news and calls of freedom of speech and such, and play it down. Let Hank, Jr., say it, even during one of his less than stellar moments, and all Hell is raised.
I was looking for a picture of Hitler to use with BoyShoe's text message and found this image above... and it sums up my position quite well.
So... then he sends this one a few days later...
So, I'm thinking about being Casey Anthony for Hallowe'en Dress like a woman and carry around a baby doll with a bag taped over its head. Too much you think??
A couple of years ago, BoyShoes told me he was going to a Hallowe'en Party as Jesus... complete with a crown of thorns, etc... I told him that I didn't think that was a good idea... but, he wasn't gonna listen to his Dad...
It's Fun To Stay at The Y.M.C.A...
... and then I get this one Saturday night...
'So I'm reading this real nasty slogan on the wall. And i quote, 'my grandma can't wrestle, but you should see her box.'
A boxing Grandmother...
What were you expecting??
For some reason, I'm wanting to see more photos!!!
Needless to say, BoyShoes is always good for some laughs!!
~shoes~





Wow, apple didn't fall far from the tree, shoes. I like your progeny. He reminds me of my own quite a bit.
ReplyDeleteI love boy shoes! He's absolutely GREAT, and you can tell him I said so :)
ReplyDeleteOk, so the YMCA pic cracked me up. Kids these days! LOL
ReplyDeletehaha - yay random texts!
ReplyDeleteRandom texts are hilarious. My daughter sends them all the time, yet I never thought of doing a post round them. Boy Shoes is very inspiring - tell him from me :-)
ReplyDeleteThis post got a huge laugh out of us. Several, actually. The Hitler-related picture sums up my opinion as well. I've never been able to fathom people who immediately jump right to the Hitler comparison, and I would imagine that, were I a Holocaust survivor, I would find this sort of trivialization offensive. Actually, I'm not a Holocaust survivor, and I already find it so.
ReplyDelete-Jack
Boy Shoes is hilarious.
ReplyDeleteBoy Shoes is awesome.
ReplyDeleteWonder where he gets his sense of humor? Hmmm? Haha. Love the Grandma boxing one! Hope all is well in your world!
ReplyDeleteThe Girl says so many strange things that I can't wait until she's old enough and can text them to me.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a character :)
ReplyDeletehow's it going ? Haven't been around much
had to go private
if your interested in still reading me
please send me your email address
and I will add u
thekittycat1969@gmail.com
peace
Issues!
ReplyDeleteIt is my honest opinion that you don't get very far in this world without a somewhat sick sense of humor. I mean, hey, if the rest of the world is already sick and tragic anyway... might as well laugh, right? And I don't really support anyone calling anyone but Hitler "Hitler" but man, this aggression against free speech will not stand.
ReplyDeleteBoy Shoes is awesome.
Shoes...... :) that was great! nurture or nature - which one is it?
ReplyDeleteNice blog you have. I like it. (:
ReplyDeleteHe may get some of that quirkyness from dad, just sayin'. ;)
ReplyDeleteI love people with wry and clever senses of humor. I suspect you encouraged that development in Boy Schoes. Love the YMCA photo.
ReplyDeleteI hope my future son is as funny as yours is. And no, I don't want to see grandma's box (gross).
ReplyDeleteLike father like son.....
ReplyDelete;-D
xoxo
gobbles
BoyShoes sounds like a free spirit!
ReplyDeleteThe YMCA pic is just so funny and even funnier is the caption!
@ Robin, Jessica, Yes, he is quite the funny guy... I do love that lil rascal so!!
ReplyDelete@ Barb... things here are great... they couldn't be much better!!! I hope all is well with you!!
@ Joshua... LMBO... and then you can blog them!!!
@ KittyCat... Hey you... I saw that you went private... I can understand... I will email you!! Lil Boy Shoes is a nut... yes...
@ Kimberly... YES!!!
@ Phoenix... I think you are right about the sick sense of humor thing. I know it's worked quite well for me!! :oD
@ Green Monkey... Hmmm.... Nurture maybe... :o) Thank you!!
@ 2 Pesos... Why, thank you very much!!!! I will come over and visit you soon!!!
@ Nitebird... Hmmm... are you saying that I am quirky???? :oD
@ Blissed... Yes, BoyShoes comes about it all SO easily!!! Thank you!!
@ Beer~Shower... Yeah, I don't think I'd wanna see your Grandmother's Box either!! :oD
@ Gobbles... most certainly, Like Father Like Son... :oD
@ Princess... BoyShoes is a mad man!! He finally opened a FaceBook page, and his profile is that of a jack-o-lantern carved to look like Jack Nicholson from 'The Shining...' The lil goofball... :o)
Excellent free (or maybe random) association. Kinda like Arsenio Hall's old show...things that make you go "HMMMM?".
ReplyDeleteDeb