Wednesday, June 15, 2011



Atlanta  Rhythm Section



From time to time, I think about some of my favorite bands from 'Way Back'... I mentioned The Marshall Tucker Band in the last post...  This group from Atlanta Doraville, Georgia was another one of my favorite bands...

Do you remember the song, 'Spooky?'  ... by The Classics IV?


This is one of my mostest favoritest songs by ARS...... I love to turn the stereo WAY up... and if the speakers have great woofers, the bass just shakes the room...  There are some great solos in that song... octaves being played on a Fender Strat and pinch harmonics being played on a Gibson Les Paul... AUGH!!!

The Classics IV initially recorded this song... along with another... 'Stormy'...  and just broke up and went different ways... several members of The Classics IV started a new band... ARS... 

Like most Southern Rock Bands at that time, they had guitar  slingers all over the place... all very good... all very talented. 



'Lay down that backbeat...
Crank up your trusted Gibson... Son...'

... what great playing... and Hell, on a good day, I know a handful of chords...


Can you tell that I don't wanna go to class here in a few moments?

~shoes~

8 comments:

  1. Got you some summer fever Professor Shoes? Can't say as I blame you. My new bicycle is calling me...it's basket empty of wine and cheese. There's a breeze floating by, melodic and fragranced. But here I sit...knocking minutes off the season with you. So, it ain't all bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm I like it! Especially Stormy--kind puts me in a mellow mood. "Oh Stormy Oh Stormy Bring back that sunny day." Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm. Laa Laa Laa Laa. I am so mellow now. I feel like I have been drugged. Oh Stormy Oh Stormy Bring back that sunny day. Wink Wink Wink :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Annie... You can have the cheese... I'll take the wine... :oD Some ARS is a great way to kill some time!!! I hope you are enjoying your bike!!

    @ Anonymous... I thought 'Stormy' sounded way too much like 'Spooky'... I think it's ok to have some similarity in one's songs, but there needs to be some change...

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay - call me a big nerd - but I am ALL OVER the graphics on the first album/top photo!

    I know - I'm a fruitcake. I've got my speakers turned up...
    and I want that album cover.

    xoxoxo
    gobbles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me want to leave work, go home, and sit on the deck while looking out over Lake Superior, strumming my six-string and slurping on a cold beer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What kind of changes would u make? Mmm--

    Personally, I like both of them even if they sound musically alike. Maybe she is "Stormy" and "Spooky" but that makes her interesting. No? As long as she doesn't hurt her man, it's ok to play a wee bit. No? Keep him on his toes. Knows that she wants and desires him but he must play the game as well. Keeps luv alive don't u think. It is a mouse and cat game between a man and woman. No? The cat chases the mouse. Meow. Shakes her pussy at him. Eventually, the mouse will chase the cat? No? Well, I would hope so. Oh, I hope he does propose to meet on Halloween. Halloween is kind of special for u too. No? Girlshoes marrying--Bertshoes. I always wanted a Halloween wedding too. Isn't that funny? I just wanted to play and have fun at my wedding like children do and dress up. Nothing sinster. Magical which is what Halloween is. You know. Is someone haunting ur dreams RedShoes. I know someone is haunting my dreams. I think about him all the time. I wonder what he is doing. What he is thinking. I wonder lots of things how it would be to cuddle with him. Halloween what a wonderful day to propose to meet someone and play. No? Meow Meow Meow. It's time for u to come play RedShoes. Go back to a time when u were a child and played and had fun. No? Meow Meow Meow

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that song! I remember having that 45. "Spill the Wine" too. Okay, it's official. I need to pull out my music collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great blast from the past. Love Spooky!

    ReplyDelete