All in all, this is a good bunch of students... fairly motivated... but there are always some that are just slackers... kinda like Bull Shiznitter that I wrote about HERE. Oh... for the record, Mr. Shiznitter stopped coming to class the DAY that basketball season ended... I guess he really wasn't motivated to do anything to pass the class...
Anyhoo... as the semester was drawing to an end, I told the class that I would allow them to either take the exam on the last day of scheduled classes, or that they could take the exam during the regularly scheduled time during the week of finals...
Out of a class of 35 students, I had 9 decide to take the exam this past Wednesday... There was this one fellow in the class who always looked like he had just toked that last toke...
Bless his heart... and he shows up to take the final... about half way through the class period, he comes up and asks...
Stoner: "Hey man... am I takin' the right test?"
Mr. Shoes: "You are taking the same exam that everyone else is taking... why do you ask?"
Stoner: "Like, no one is here, man... where is everyone?"
Mr. Shoes: "Weren't you in class the other day when we discussed all of this? That you could take the exam today or next week?"
Stoner: "No, man... I didn't hear that... are you sure you told us?"
Mr. Shoes: "Yes, I am sure... that's why only a few students are here today... the rest are waiting until next week..."
Stoner: "Hey, can I wait and take it next week too?"
Mr. Shoes: "Yeah... give me your exam and your scantron..."
... and Stoner leaves the class room...
One of the remaining students says, "that's not fair... he got to see the exam... he will come back and have an advantage on the rest of us."
And I replied... "No... he has no clue what was on the exam... and if you think he has an advantage, you can give me your exams now, and you can come back next week and re-take it as well..."
That seemed to have settled the remaining students down some...
I hope Stoner grows up and wins the Nobel Peace Prize... or finds a cure for some dread disease...
... but I doubt it...
~shoes~








I don't doubt it at all.
ReplyDeleteThink back to the 60's and early 70's. I bet you heard of people like Stoner. Those people are for the most part grown up with families, mortgages and jobs.
Now I on the other hand was a good girl, didn't drink, didn't smoke anything and didn't have se..... oh, well 2 out of 3 are ok. SMILE
Hilarious. I'm listening to the song as I read. Such a cohesive post. Made me grin, which is a great way to start a Friday :) Stoner might grow out of it.
ReplyDeleteGotta love the hippies!
ReplyDeleteWOW. just... wow. :)
ReplyDelete@ Charlene... LMAO!! I was probably one of those students back then!!
ReplyDelete... and what was that last one!?
Hahahaha!!
@ Wine and Words... maybe he will grow out of it. I SO loved that song!! It's so much fun to play!!!
@ Cocaine Princess... Yeah, one does!!! ;o)
@ Magnolia... LMAO! Hey, man... do you remember... er... I forgot... :oD
~shoes~
If he is truly as bad as you write, I'd give him a little extra credit just for simply finding the classroom on a regular basis.
ReplyDeleteIf he's that baked, props to him for dressing properly.
Great read, and it makes me miss college a bit. Not a lot, just a bit. I had way too many stoner friends like this guy, and they were pure entertainment gold.
Hope he remembers to show up for the test next week.
ReplyDeleteGreat post Shoes. I had to smile - I have a student in one of my support groups who lives on weed - I can't get through to him, and I marvel that he shows up at all. He sure stinks though, and I can smell weed on my clothes after sitting by him for 90 minutes!
ReplyDeleteI miss those days. I was never much of a smoker, but a lot of my friends were. They were fun to hang out with.
ReplyDeleteNow that I'm old and shit hurts all the damn time, I'd like to connect with some of those old friends!
On the other hand, I'm not taking any tests.
Wow, I've seen some royal dumbasses show up the day of the final and ask moronic questions. Was always entertaining to see the teachers put them in their places.
ReplyDeleteWow I guess you see it all. too funny
ReplyDeletesomehow I don't think he'll show up next week! LOL
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, I LOVE that song.
ReplyDeleteSecond, don't count stoner out just yet. I used to be a stoner and look how I turned out! :)
uhmm...
ReplyDeleteuh....
what did you say man?
sharpie fumes give that same kind of high... just sayin'...
xoxoxoxoxo
gObbles...
Hey man...I'm with BLissed Out. ...I hope he remembers to come back. Also...there is a special place in Heaven for college professors. I have absolutely no idea how you do it and maintain your sanity.
ReplyDeleteOMG! lol
ReplyDeletePWAHAHAHA!! Great post!
ReplyDeleteThat was a great laugh! The patience you must have to deal with college kids. I don't think I could do it.
ReplyDelete