Thursday, September 2, 2010

"Dreams..."

Gregg Allman wrote a song he named, "Dreams...'  He had moved to Los Angeles from Florida  to try to get his music career going... he wrote a body of songs, and then returned to Georgia to join a band that Duane, his brother was organizing... the Allman Brothers' Band...  The song is about unrealized dreams... I guess we all have those...




Gregg Allman, Duane Allman, and Berry Oakley


This is a version of 'Dreams' as recorded by Molly Hatchet...  I like the song in either mode... today, I am in a 'Molly Hatchet' frame of mind.... at least when it comes to listening to this song...





I'm down today...  and it's all because of a dream I had last night...  In the dream, I am dealing with my daughter, who has managed to sneak out of the house... today, she is married, so this is back when she was high school aged... back when I was still married...


... I have discovered she is not in the house, and for some reason, I am sleeping on the floor in the hallway so I will be sure to see her when she comes home.  When she finally does come home, and I am confronting her about her having gone out late at night, breaking a family rule, she asks me if I am aware that her Mother is in Arkansas?


... and I remember being dumbfounded when she asks that... and I wake up in my bed, and am wondering how I got from the floor in the hallway living room to my bed so easily... and where is GirlShoes...???


My daughter and  I went through a period of time with her when she lied so easily to me... they just would come out of her mouth so easily... and then in the dream, to have her comment on the lies that her Mom would tell... when she was telling me she couldn't stand being around me and just had to get away (which was true)... but telling me she was going away alone, (which wasn't true)...


I have figured out that the dream is about lies...  but I'm not sure where it came from... what motivated my mind to concoct this dream...


I am at peace with whatever is going to transpire in my professional life... but I don't understand how or why this dream came about and why it is affecting me this way...


I would like a nice, steady three-day rain...


I LOVE this photo from the album, 
"Live At The Fillmore East"...
The Allman Brothers... 
If there is a better live album than this out there, I've never heard it.

~shoes~

13 comments:

  1. There's a song...
    "Dreams & Lies" by Laurel Music....

    ;-D xoxoxoxo
    gobbles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you contemplating embarking on another relationship? If so, honesty is likely right up there at the top of your list in your Baggage of Worries. I don't know if that is coming anywhere remotely close to the target, but maybe I hit the barn?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Children learn their lying ways with their parents. They know the parents love them but of course the parents also want to control them for their own good. This is how it is.

    I became an excellent liar to my mom. If I had children I'm sure I'd be lied to every day by my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HiRed...wow I had forgotten all about Mooly Hatchet..I used to love them....When dreams affect you this much...there is more than meets the eye...maybe some emotion that needs to arise and be acknowledged...or maybe a message to yourself...or a calling from your subconscious...either way let it linger and see where it goes...Nice to be back.and thanks for stopping by..!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Shoesies !

    Cheer up !

    You know, I have a lot of nightmares, a lot of dreams where I get ridiculed by family, people close to me die, I get hurt physically, my fears come true.

    Because they happen a lot, I just learned to forget about them, because I usually do and end up going on with my day.

    Who knows why that dream came to you. It could be a number of things. But I think you've got stuff buried subconsciously that you haven't dealt with. I was once told we get a lot of thoughts that come to us on a daily basis. Some stick around longer. Maybe your dreams are a manifestation of thoughts you haven't really acknowleged.

    Okay, I am getting kinda deep here. Time for me to step off my soap box now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You keep saying you are at peace with your professional life but it still seems to be the #1 worry on your mind. That my friend is not being at piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Hope is a waking dream."

    - Aristotle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perhaps your subconscious is trying to tell you that someone is lying or withholding information.
    I'm with Bathwater, perhaps it is the not knowing about what is going to happen in your professional life that is manifesting its way into your subconscious. The withholding of truth could easily manifest into a dream about lying.
    I hope you got the rain. Rest easy Shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pink Floyd - Ummagumma???

    Rest easy sweet man....the rain will come.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Much kisses to you shoes....children will be...but life is endering

    ReplyDelete
  11. and I can't spell to save my life but I have big boobs so it doesn't matter that much right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man... work has been so busy and it gets in the way of my blogging!!!! Grrr...

    @ Gobbles... yes, I've heard that song! It's good!!! How is the weather out your way today??

    @ Robin, honesty is always front and foremost in any relationship, whether it's love, family, or work... unfortunately, we tend to forget that... all in all, barns are good!

    @ Charlene, each of my kids have told me that they hope they are the adult that I am... by no means am I perfect... far from it... but I try to do my best... I try...

    @ SmArtee!!! its good to see you back!!! My dreams lately have been all over the place... very difficult to track to one emotion... I was joking the other day about snakes, and damned if I didnt dream about snakes that night! LOL...

    @ Senorita! No, don't stop your analysis on the soap box! One of the interesting things I've learned since Ive been blogging is how everyone can have a different take on an issue, and they still make sense! Thank you for stopping by... always... :o)

    @ Bathwater... I do think I am at ease with what's going on work-wise here... Stress is always a constant in our lives, and I don't think we are ever able to reduce stress to zero... I think I have lessened it a great deal though...

    @ Jessica... that Aristotle dude was pretty smart... ;o)

    @ Amethyst Anne... I think you are right. I do work with people that are withholding the truth on many issues...

    @ Southern Girl and Anne...it rained its ASS off last night!!!!! :oD

    @ Darn Girl... I think Big Boobs are automatic mulligans for spelling mishaps... no? ;o)

    @ JennAdventures... me TOO!!! All of the versions of the Allmans ROCK!!!

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete