This is NOT the missing juicer...
I was going to share these two items with someone the other evening... and I can NOT find the glass juicer.. I know where I had it... I know where it was... sitting right inside the mixing bowl.
The total dollar value of these two items probably doesn't break a five-dollar bill... but they were my Mom's... and I had them... and now I am missing one of them...
I feel as if one of my children is missing...
I have taken my kitchen apart tonight...
~shoes~


Hoping you find it, Sweetie.
ReplyDeleteIt's never the dollar value, it's the heart value.
xoxo
~vk~
Aaw, poor Shoesies......
ReplyDeleteI would help you find it if I were in your area.
I know how you feel and I hope you find it and feel better.
i have a cast-iron skillet from my mom that i treat the same way. sending good vibes that it turns up...
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you will find it. I too am very sentimental about things that have been handed down to me by various family members. Although they might not be valuable to the world they are to me. Just tonight, the hubz was watching Pawn Stars...i think TLC and I detest that show. Some woman was willinng to sell her Grandmother's broach for 2,000. What she didn't know was that it was Faberge and worth probably upwards of 30,000. It kills me to see these people so desperate to rid themselves of family history at the price of another drink or gambling. I'm assuming since the shop is in Las Vegas.
ReplyDeleteI hope it turns up soon. Put a pot of coffee on and take the cabinet apart! good luck shoes!
One of my most treasured items is a tiny porcelain figurine that my mother gave me when I was about four years old. Just the thought of ever losing it or it breaking makes me want to cry.
ReplyDeleteI hope you find it soon, Shoes.
Yes, I'd turn the kitchen upside down too!!! Hope you find it.
ReplyDeleteMan I hate that looking for something that you cannot find! Usually closing the door and just letting it go for a while reveals the place you last left it, but if you've had people over all bets are off. This only works if you live alone.
ReplyDeleteI had moved and it was like you describe every day. I just know there's a whole box of kitchen stuff in some moving guy's garage and this has been 9 years!
My fingers, toes and eyes are crossed that you find it... 'cause I'd like to see it...
ReplyDelete;D xoxoxoxoxoxo
gobbles
I hate when you are sure where something is and then you go to get it and it is gone...I am sorry for this....I hope you find it soon..!..
ReplyDeleteQuit looking so hard. Things always show up later when you're not looking for them. Then comes the smack on the head with the realization that yes, you did put it there and forgot.
ReplyDeleteCan you trace all the people that were in your house to narrow down the culprit that took it?
ReplyDeleteIt's a very nice juicer
ReplyDeleteLeave it in the 'fridge ??
ReplyDeleteShoes,
ReplyDeleteMy email is rarichards68@gmail.com. When you get a chance send me an email.
Robin
Awww, I scrolled all the way to the end of the comments--hoping you had updated that you had found it. Hope it turns up and soon.
ReplyDeleteRS ~ when I miss place stuff.. I try to stop thinking about where it might be, it does with time eventually remind me.. it is a lovely lemon juicer... as you said.. priceless.. you late Mums jucer, holds special memories.. and every time you see a emon, it will remind you of the many lemons your lovely mum squeezed to make lemonaid...
ReplyDeleteIndi
xx
@ Vixen... you are exactly right... it IS the heart value, and a sense of maybe feeling that I've let Mom down by letting this get misplaced.
ReplyDeleteI don't have a great deal of traffic into my house... it won't be difficult to ask the few people that have been there if they know about it...
@ Senorita... thank you, yes, come and help me look for it... ;o) The fact that it was my Mom's is what bothers me so about it... and how I stressed to my kids to not let anything happen to it, and I'm the one that has misplaced it.
@ Magnolia... I covet your cast iron skillet... I have several.. I LOVE them... and that it is your Mom's is even better!!!
@ Carol... I know, I watch that show and am amazed at how easily people part with family treasures. This book I've been reading, 'Spiritual Literacy,' says that some people place a great value on the property that has been in their families more so than others. Maybe it even has something to do with whether or not someone is an 'older spirit/soul'... who knows...
@ Jessica... I understand your attachment to that porcelain figurine... it is priceless to you... Hell, I still have a couple of toys that 'Santa' brought me...
@ Spring Flower... I will find it... it has to be there somewhere. I just know where I keep it... I don't even use it... that's what confuses me... grrr...
@ Charlene... and is that fellow asking, 'hmmm, I wonder whose stuff this is?' It will show... it's got to be here somewhere...
@ Gobbles... When I find it, I will photograph it and post it... it's nothing special to the rest of the world... just to me...
@ SmArtee... I will it's GOT to be there somewhere... maybe it's in a guitar case... LOL
@ Catch Her... you are right... I've tried to not worry about it... when I am cooking or putting dishes, etc, up, I just look through the cabinets... I'm not stressing about it... but I wish I could find it.
@ Tee... LOLOL.. right now the main suspect is me, myself, and I... BoyShoes has been in the house, but I hope he wouldnt take something without telling me or asking... hmmm....
@ Darn Girl... it IS!!
@ Heff, that was the second place I LOOKED!! LOL
@ Robin... done!!!
@ Martie... nope, not yet... I havent really looked that hard since I posted... It will show up... I hope... :o)
@ Indi... Mom always made the BEST lemonade!!! Mine sucks, but I try... but hers was great!!!
I will post if/when I find it!
Thanks!!
~shoes~
Life is all about the juice! I hope it turns up. Better cross examine some of your houseguests pronto.
ReplyDelete