I will re-read this later when maybe Im not quite so much under the influence just to make sure that it still makes sense... so far I am able to catch the misspellings...
I am in a strange mood and really don't know why... other than maybe its alcohol induced... I'm guessing that could be a good reason...
I've been a fan of Tom Petty for a long time... hmmm... Tom is the musician... right??? He's not the race car driver... no?? Yeah... thats right... thats Kyle Petty... and Im fairly confident that Kyle doesnt sing and play the guitar... Hmmm... I wonder if Kyle Petty plays 'Kyle' on South Park... I dunno...
One of the reasons that Tom Petty has always had the unique sound that he has on his recordings is that he and Mike Campbell tend to play Rickenbacker guitars quite a bit... especially 12-string models... I asked Santa for a 12-string Rickenbacker... and he let me down... maybe next year... no?
This is one of my all time favorite Tom Petty songs... not only is the song good, but the video is awesome... for no other reason than Kim Basinger is in it...
Damn she is hot... and that is really a strange video in that it seems that necrophilia seems to be the primary topic here... It is a sexy video in a very taboo way...
Tom Petty has this "unheard of" guitarist by the name of Mike Campbell... he is phenomenal... I think that its a great deal of his work that gives Petty's music that edge...
This is another one of my favorite videos... it features Tom Petty on lead vocals... Jeff Lynn (ELO)... and notice that 'kid' to Petty's left that looks a great deal like George Harrison... that's Dhani Harrison... George's son... and that kickass outro solo is Prince...
Petty and George Harrison became friends when 'The Traveling Wilburys' formed...
I was going to complete on of those TMI thingies tonight... but I guess I got somewhat inhibited... maybe another time when I've either not had so much to drink... or I've had more to drink...
I think this is a funny cartoon... kinda like an attempt at The Mile High Club gone amok...
I'd better go to bed...
~shoes~






Perfect song in Last Dance.... Thank you. You gave me so many memories.... WOW.
ReplyDeletexxoo
Cheers
Mary Jane could dance!
ReplyDeleteFriends don't let friends post drunk! I'm taking away your key(s)board.
ReplyDeletePrince can kick butt on the guitar...
ReplyDelete* Hi there, Ms Kiki... yeah, that IS a great song!!! It's a great deal of fun to play... and a great deal of fun to dance to...
ReplyDelete* Secretia... she sure could!!!!
* Thanks, Bathwater, but I needed you to take away the keyboard last night... hahahaha... it was 2nd or 3rd time through that I finally got my spelling and subject/verb stuff to match...
* VE.. he sure can!! How he played that solo was just right!!!