Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"The Diary..."

Barefoot Dreamer has an interesting post here about being or not being in the mood for sex...


... and it made me think of an email I received the other day... and I guess it was about perceptions... and I am posting it in response to her post...  It concerns a woman's thoughts about where her husband is emotionally... and him and where he is emotionally...


 HER DIARY


Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a bar to have a drink. I was shopping with my friends  all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit  late, but he made no comment on it.

Conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. 

He agreed, but he didn't say much. I asked him what was wrong. He said, 'Nothing.' I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said he wasn't upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it.

On the way home, I told him that I loved him. He smiled slightly, and kept driving. I can't explain his behavior. I don't know  why he didn't say, 'I love you, too.' When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there quietly, and watched TV. He continued to seem distant and absent.

Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed. About 15 minutes later, he came to bed. To my surprise, he responded to my caress, and we made love. But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else. He fell asleep - I cried. I don't know what to do. I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.



  HIS DIARY

My Corvette wouldn't start today, but at least I got laid.





The photo below has nothing to do with the post... and for New Orleans standards, is quite tame... yet... at the same time, I would have LOVED to have been sitting next to her when the Saints Scored... and she threw BOTH arms up in the air... I'm thinking that something would have had to give...





Damn... I am such a push over for Australian Cleavage...





~shoes~

5 comments:

  1. Those diary entries are sooo typical of the male/female thought patterns. lol Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my head I started writing her next three entries though I am completely convinced they too would be true in nature I will keep them to myself and spare myself the backlash of your female audience.

    I am feeling very negative especially toward the opposite gender as a whole though I still tend to treat the ones I know kindly I still seem to get in hot water when talking about the gender as a whole ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Husbands and wives do have opposite perspectives on almost everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. * Tee & JenJen... yeah, they are typical... aren't they?? Of course, its kinda like that Men From Mars/Women From Venus mentality... but sometimes its just true!!

    *Bathwater... I think you should write and post them! I would love to read your thoughts on how that played out... :oD

    * Secretia... yeah... they do... don't they? Once upon a time, I thought my wife and I were on the same page... but evidently that turned out to not be true...

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete