Sunday, January 20, 2013

"Sometimes..."




... I'm accused of being belligerent...

I think that's just who I am...





I think this pretty much sums things up... 

Just sayin'...

~shoes~

28 comments:

  1. You know, as a recovering people pleaser, I am now certain that sooner or later someone will not like us, what we do, or what we say... so welcome to the club! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was all in jest... but I am a recovering people pleaser, and in the end, it seems everyone wins but me.

      I've been working at trying to take better care of 'myself'... because for the most part, I can't seem to trust anyone else to do it...

      I hope you are having a great day!

      ~shoes~

      Delete
  2. I am nothing if not patient. Well actually....I am honest and sarcastic and first and foremost a Christian. So yeah...the only way I would be offended is if you said something about my Lord. Other than that....everything is fair game and I am rarely offended. Ok. Well I am too sensitive and I count on your kindness so....you know what? I am going to get out of the line now. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am overly patient... much to my detriment.

    I'm not the most religious person in the world, but I certainly respect and honor your religious feelings. I have a friend at work that just hammers religious people, and when I ask him why, he says he just doesn't like them.... but when I press him on it, he really doesn't know why. That sounds mean spirited to me, on his part.

    Anyway, I think one of my greatest strengths/weaknesses is that I am way too kind... to the point where people take advantage of me... *shrugs*

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have found that when someone accuses someone of being something, that maybe its just reminding them of how they may be?? I've also heard that folks can't deal w/the truth even when its in their face and they put blame on the innocent victim... what do u think? I only say this because an ex bf would accuse me of things that other people who have known me longer, have never mentioned to me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I just don't see belligerence as a bad thing! Kinda like sarcasm and smart-assedness...

      All endearing traits.

      Delete
    2. Belligerence, sarcasm, smart-assedness... They are all kind of step cousins, Robelyn...

      ~shoes~

      Delete
  6. Hi, Chris... This mostly is in jest. Mostly I am accused of being belligerent when I've had 'too many" margaritas... whatever "too many" is. :oD

    Ex lovers are exes because of stupid shit they pull... no?

    As in my comment to Ana, I do need to take better care of myself. I tend to let myself be taken advantage of by others, simply because I don't want to hurt their feelings, never mind that mine are hurt.

    I trust all is well with you today!!

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was never a people pleaser, and I have no respect for lack of integrity. However, I have a great deal of respect for diverse opinions, I apologize when I make a mistake, and I don't mind at all if people disagree with me. I do not like people hurting others. You do not appear belligerent, just confident.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good evening, JJ... I think I got the concept of being a 'care taker' from my Mother...

      I'm like you... when I make a mistake, I do apologize for it.

      That's one thing I've noticed on your blog... you don't mind a difference of opinions, you aren't disrespectful, and you expect the same from others.

      That's the way it should be...

      ~shoes~

      Delete
  8. Well I'm not patient and you have yet to offend me today so hurry up!!

    Take advantage of you!! Why didn't I think of that!!

    I better get on it if I'm to take advantage of you.

    *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Liz...

      Shrup...

      The line for taking advantage of ~shoes~starts to the left... and moves to the right.

      Yes you had better!

      ~shoes~

      Delete
    2. LMBO @ " the line starts to the left and moves to the right"

      Delete
  9. This looks really familiar. I think you stole it off my blog. Of course, I stole if off of Facebook. Still, I am seriously OFFENDED. hahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Robin...

      Screw you...

      Love...

      ~shoes~

      No, seriously, I may have found that on your blog, but I posted that image on FB this morning... now I'm not sure... maybe I did get it from your blog?

      I'm SO going to Hell!!! :op

      But it's ok... I don't care.. :op

      How are you tonight??

      ~shoes~

      Delete
    2. I am so un-belligerent... making me pretty much a wuss.

      But I am jealous of people who just speak their mind and not give a shit. oops .. I meant crap.

      :)

      Delete
    3. HA!!

      I remember this one time... after the divorce, my ex had asked me to come over and talk to "my" son about his behavior... so I was there trying to talk to him about it, and she was hanging around just nag-nag-nagging... I finally stopped, looked at her... and told her to "shut the fuck up!"

      She got this stunned look and did stop. My thoughts were that... 'I should have done this earlier!'

      HAR!!

      ~shoes~

      Delete
  10. Hmm, you haven't offended me.....yet. Looking forward in hearing what you have to say. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Princess...

      I will come up with something special... just for you! ;oD

      ~shoes~

      Delete
  11. PS. You're such a sweet, caring guy. I find it hard to believe you of all people could offend anyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I've been known to have my days... :oD

      ~shoes~

      Delete
  12. Will you bloody well get a move on and offend me please? How long have I knonw you? I'm still waiting!!!

    Love the term recovering people pleaser. That's so me! I came to realise that saying no doesn't make you lose your valued friends and family. It might piss them off a bit, but they always come back. If only through the shock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Leah...

      Dammit!! You'll just have to wait your fukken turn... please... :oD

      You are right about the role of a people pleaser...

      How are things in your world, sweetie??

      ~shoes~

      Delete
  13. Sounds like old age setting in to me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Know exactly what you mean by being cut mid sentence. Just so rude...

    ReplyDelete
  15. It most certainly is... maybe I DO need to be more belligerent!!!

    Grrrr....

    :o)

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete