Life is better today...
Jaime... over at Red Red Whine tagged me to answer some questions... I hope you will wander over her way and read her posts... Here are the questions that she put forth for me to answer...
1. If you could be any animal, which would you be and why?
A bird, I think... more specifically, a magpie... I think thats what they are called... I saw one out in New Mexico a couple of Mays ago... beautiful birds...
There is just something really graceful about this bird... but I like birds anyway...
2. If you could go anywhere in the world (on someone else's dime, of course), where would you go?
Maybe Egypt... I love history... once upon a time when I was an art major, I took an Art History class... and had to do a presentation on the Amarna Period... I was hooked...
The Pharaoh associated with that time was Ahkenaten... he created a great deal of havoc in Egypt when he changed the theology from the worship of many gods to one god... Aten... the Sun God... or Sun Disk... but I digress...
Of course, I would also love to go back to San Francisco... of all the the cities I've visited in the U.S., it's my favorite... I adore San Francisco...
3. You've stumbled over a time machine. Would you go back in time or visit the future?
WOW!! I sure hope it's Sherman and Peabody's Way Back Machine!!!!!!!
Hmmm... the future... to see how our country is going to survive the political mess of the past ten or so years... and to see how we will fare over the next two...
To the past... to visit my Mom and my Grandmother Brown... maybe back to ancient Egypt... to see if I could learn how the pyramids were actually constructed...
4. What's your favorite book?
That's easy... 'Slaughter-House-Five'... Kurt Vonnegut... if you like to read, you should read this one. It's a quick read...and the source of one of my favorite remarks...
"So it goes..." It seems to appear in the book anytime someone dies, or there is a mention of death... I've bastardized it a bit to "... and so it goes."
The Tombstone from Slaughterhouse-Five
5. Everyone has a stupid human trick... (I can touch my tongue to my nose) What's yours?
I seem to be able to put my foot in my mouth... for example... a few months ago, I went down to the other end of the hall to visit my friend, Robert... and I saw this other fellow I work with... Garrett... and Garrett was sporting an eye patch...
This man bears NO resemblance to Garrett...
So... being the smart ass that I am capable of being... I walk up to Garrett... pat him on the back... and say... "Damn, Garrett!!! I didn't get the memo about today being pirate day!!!!"
Garrett turns and looks at me and says... "Shoes... I will have you know that I am slowly going blind in that eye..."
Oooops....
____________
I will try to come up with my questions and come back and post them tomorrow... and see who it is I can totally alienate tag...
~shoes~








o! O! Pick me! Pick MEEEEE!
ReplyDelete*GRIN*
Get sleep, okay?
Ooh a survey ! Me likey, I will have to do this sometime. Spank you, Shoesies......
ReplyDeleteLooks like you've been hit by a Chinese porno spammer above.
Thanks for the book recommendation! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're having a better day.
ReplyDeleteEveryone puts their foot in their mouth. Heck, I used to bite my toenails. It was weird, but being weird is just fine.
Sir,
ReplyDeleteI find you strangely appealling and exceptionally weird.
And if you come to SF I'll take you out for some good music and even better eats.
A bird, really? I don't think being a bird could fulfill some of your other, um, interests.
Ahhh.. another fellow tongue to nose toucher!! And I get you on the bird part, just so you know, Magpies are indeed beautiful, they are also well known predators. I hope you have a great weekend!
ReplyDelete@ Beryl... I may just do that!
ReplyDelete@ Senorita... then I will tag you as well!! I trust all is well in your neck of the woods!!
Hmmm... Chinese Spam Porner... sounds like a good name for a band...
@ Spring Flower... it's a great read. I've read some of his other books and just haven't been able to get into them... but I really enjoyed this one... Granted, it's a strange read... what does that say about me? :oD
@ Charlene... it's slowly getting better. We had visitation last night... so difficult...
@ Ms Amy... the fact that you find me 'strangely appealing and exceptionally weird' just elates me to NO end! It's those 'normal, average' people that scare the Hell out of me anyway. The next time I head towards, San Francisco, I would love to take you up on that offer! I have a photo of me at 'The Top Of The Mark' around here somewhere... I will have to find it...
@ Amethyst Anne... the weekend is going to be"okay" at best... still some sadness to plod through, but it will be ok... I did know about Magpies being predators... but beautiful birds just the same...
~shoes~