Sunday, May 2, 2010

"Sunday Ramblings..."

I'm not sure what is going on with me... I've had a great heaviness in my heart lately...

... the disappointment of my Grandmother's headstone not being 'fixed' the way I wanted it, although I am confident it will be resolved...

... the uncertainty about my future at Alluvial Flood Plain State University... although if I am let go, I will land on my feet... I will be ok...

I have been busy at school... it's the end of the semester... so much to get done... so many exams to grade... and getting ready for commencement this coming Saturday... so, so much to do...

My son, 'BoyShoes' will graduate this semester... it is a big time for him... he just doesn't realize it yet...  He will receive a Bachelor of Arts degree... I am so happy for him...

My baby is growing has grown up...

This is for my son, Chris...

I am thankful that, as a Dad, I didn't have as many of these moments with Chris...  On the day that my Dad died, I had left the hospital to go watch lil 'BoyShoes' play soccer...
Dad died while I was gone... but I think Dad understood...


In this photo, if you look at the ground just to the left of the cannon wheel, you can see Lil 'BoyShoes' squatting... he was maybe 18 months old in that photo...  In my previous post, I have a photo of Grandmother Brown and my Dad... I imagine that Dad is about the same age there...  The other child there is 'GirlShoes'...
I love this photo very much... he is still 'squatted'... and I have NO idea where he gets the idea that sticking his tongue out is funny... but I've heard the expression that a nut doesn't fall far from a tree...

I love this photo... 'BoyShoes' has this very mischievous grin going on... he still sports this grin today... 

He is dating the neatest young lady... I would be very, very happy if they wound up married some day...

I am saddened that he does not want to 'walk' at commencement... I get to see everyone else's sons and daughters receive their diploma... he just 'doesn't want to do it...'
_______________

I had a dream last night starring my Mom and Dad... I was an observer of this dream... not a participant... but to just get to see them again was wonderful... a passing thunderstorm caused me to wake up... I wish I had taken a few moments to write the the dream down... instead, I rolled over and went back to sleep... 

Oh well...

As Dad once said...

Nighty Night, little people...
Tomorrow's going to be another day...

~shoes~

12 comments:

  1. I hope you sleep well tonight and have pleasant dreams.

    PS: I didn't walk at any of my commencements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you and your boy for graduating ! A lot to celebrate !

    Commencement at my alma matter would be the end of this month. It's been five years since I walked, and I went to all of mine, the huge one for the school, the one for my concentration and last year for my certificate.

    No matter what happens with your job, you will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shoes, don't have such a heavy heart! Hope you're dreaming of something light & nice. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing is absolutely true; no matter how disconnected you feel now, it will pass and something else will take it's place!

    Sort of like that curse: "May you have an interesting life." !

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohkay...Here. HUGS FROM ME TO YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I think in time you will come to terms with the job situation. IF you want to stay there and feel you will be fine if they let you go than ride it out and don't worry about it.

    If you need to have a job start looking and switch. Not having a plan is the worst part. Once you have a plan, the fear is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Jessica... I slept very well, thank you... maybe too well... I understand people not wanting to walk... but the 'Dad' in me wants him to... besides, he's going to be at commencement to watch his girl friend walk... grrr... ;-)

    @ Senorita... thank you... yeah, I am so happy for him... re: my job, I am ok with it... whatever happens happens... kinda like what Bathwater says up there... I would land on my feet... kinda like I bet you landed on your feet when you reached the ground on your sky diving... :-)

    @ Spring Flower.. Hey you... No... I can't recall any dreams I had last night... but I did sleep well.. thank you... :oD

    雲亨 Thank you so much!! I appreciate that!!! :-)

    @ Charlene... yeah, thats kinda like Rosanne Rosanna Danna (forgive my spelling)... "it's always something!!" Yeah, you are right... its one big Merry Go Round... :-)

    @ JenJen... you are always there with the hug at the right time... ;-) I LOVE those full frontal hugs!!!

    @ Hi there, Bathwater... as a good friend once told me... the best time to be looking for a job is while you have one... You are right about having the plan... having no plan is SCARY!!!!!!

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shoes: I am here for you...sending my love

    ReplyDelete
  9. man, not walking wasn't even an option for me! i would have much rather slept in than get up and trek across campus to walk (twice) hung over as hell.

    sending you hugs, drinks and fishnets ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to you and your son on his graduation. I know you'd love to see him walk. Such a proud moment as a parent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They do grow up...but the journey continues. Just as it does for you my friend.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Darn Girl...thank you, sweetie... how have you been doing? Pretty ok?? :o)

    @ Jaime... Hmm... fishnets... is it safe to assume that we are NOT talking seines here??? ;o)
    ... and what about something to go in those fishnets... trust me, I dont have the legs for that... :oD

    @ Pissy... Hey you... thank you so much... I am a happy Dad for this lil rat...

    @ Southern Girl... yes it does... the journey does continue... :o) ... and hopefully a fun filled one... :-)

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete