Red necks...
Down in my neck of the woods, one tends to hear a great deal about 'red necks'...
Hell, I've been called a red neck before, just based upon where I was born and/or where I live. I've known quite a few red necks in my day, and I do have to admit, they are hard working people...
One could be many worse things than a red neck.
I would be one of Jackson Browne's red neck friends...
However...
I found this one a friend's FaceBook page and it just got me to thinking...
Have you really ever noticed the lack of red neck murder cases on TV detective shows? This could explain everything...
There is a fellow blogger from Memphis by the name of Nude Memphis Steve...
He has a photo similar to this one on his blog page... could be a relative, I suppose.
I'm not much of a beer drinker...
but I've been told I can be belligerent after a few margaritas...
A red neck hibachi?
That flavoring sure doesn't smell like hickory chips to me...
International, Hell...
We see things like this every day down here...
Is that one of those Mr. Spock sleeper holds he's a-puttin' on that gal?
Boxes and duct tape?
Sounds like someone I know that made a drive across Texas with a mannequin duct taped to her Korean...
I bet she learnt it from these folks...
I'm close to setting off on my great adventure!
I can't wait...
I wonder what Europeans will think of a Red Shoed Red Neck???
I'll keep you posted!!!
~shoes~









@ Gobbles... I don't have no steenkin' accent... but I do wish I could speak some German... that would be fun to cross them up... HAR!!!
ReplyDelete~shoes~
I bet that Redneck Grill has it's own special build in flavor, huh?
ReplyDeleteIck!
My cousin is constantly snapping pics of things she sees from her car and posting them on her FB. She keeps a Redneck Album or something like that. The truth is always stranger than fiction and she ends up snapping some crazy pictures. Serious laugh out loud stuff. By the time I think to take the picture, the opportunity is long gone. Ah well.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your vacation. I hope that it is spiritually rejuvenating for you. I loved Europe. I don't know if it is the time zone, just being in a place that still feels old or what, but it spoke to me. Happy trails to you too...
Ah, redneck humor.
ReplyDeleteIn my day I've been fortunate (?) to live in a couple relatively rural locales. People one might call rednecks are just like any other group. There are good and bad versions.
-Jack
They're called Chavs here in the UK. The humour matches!
ReplyDeleteI'm a redneck one week out of the year when we go to the beach and I forget to put on a second coat of SPF 50. It's a literal red neck, of course, but technically speaking, it's more of a red all over.
ReplyDeleteI have family out of Mississippi (Greenwood) and I love all my redneck cousins. They are the sweetest most loving and accepting people. When I mentioned that I live in Memphis and I love Mississippi, I hear many negative comments. I just look at them and say u don't know what u are missing. I have always been happy and feel blessed that I was born in Memphis but spent my childhood in Greenwood a lot.
ReplyDeleteSide note. At Starbucks, last night two of my customers whom I see occassionally came in. I was like don't tell me let me guess. They were like u won't be able to do it cuz I only saw them one time a few weeks ago. I'm like no no no. Give me a minute. They were musicians Blue's band. I'm like ur from Missouri. They were like right. As this is slowly coming to me mind u, I'm like y'all were in here last time and ur new CD is going to have old cemetary gravesite on it. I love old cemetaries. And they are like right. Eyes getting bigger all the time. I looked at one of them cuz there were two of them. I said where's your wife cuz she's in the band too. She didn't make it this go around. And I said there is another man band member missing too. He couldn't make it either. However, this is why I am telling u this. They said guess where we have been. I'm like there is no telling. They said we just got back from attending the funeral of--- I'm like no no no don't tell me. Dunn I said u were at Dunn's funeral. And they are like yes how do you know. I'm like a blogspot believe it or not but that is all I said about ur blogspot. They said we thought we were in New Orleans. I'm like well we are probably pretty close to atmosphere of New Orleans although I have never been I aim to head that way one day. Just thought that would be of interest to u.
Take care. Have a fabulous adventure out-of-the-country.
Stormy Dawn
Seriously what a hilarious posts with equally hilarious pictures. The toilet one is just too funny yet gross at the same time.
ReplyDeleteSafe journeys my friend!