"Bullshit On This..."
Well... it's August 2nd... the much feared economic melt~down date according to President Obama and his
It hasn't yet... and of course, if we are dumb enough to believe that the passage of whatever this
Yesterday, Vice-President JoeBiden (the male, Democrat equivalent of Sarah Palin) was mentioned to have referred to some 'Tea Party' representatives as terrorists that were holding the legislation hostage...
... so I started looking for information online that indicated that anyone would possibly stand in the way of refusing to raise the debt ceiling so that our government could continue to borrow and spend monies that we don't have in order to keep running...
I found this...
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America's debt limit."
Damn... it DOES sound like someone may have been wanting to derail the efforts to raise the debt ceiling... Could it have been Boehner? ... or Bachmann?? Or some other rogue Tea Party-ist or Republican??
Nope, this quote comes from 2006, when then U.S. Senator Barack Hussein Obama was speaking against a request by President Bush wanting to do something similar to what President Obama is wanting to do now... in fact, President Obama thought it to be such a bad idea that he voted against two requests for debt ceiling hikes requested by the Bush Administration...
If we can then believe President Obama to be speaking the truth, has he admitted to 'leadership failure?'
I was NOT happy with the Bush Administration and their level of spending... and I have to admit to being quite shocked when I heard on one of the Sunday Morning Pundit Talk shows that it was estimated that the Bush Administration was spending roughly $1.5 Billion per day compared to the Obama Administration's current clip of about $4.3 Billion per day...
I am thinking... given my current income level, that if I had the ratio-to-debt figures that our Federal Government does... and that if I had to borrow money from a lending institution to pay my bills just to exist... do you think that lending institution would lend money to me?
If the banks were dumb enough to lend money to me, what interest rate do you think they would charge to justify the risk of my not being able to pay them back the money I would owe... plus interest??
Do you know that China owns the largest amount of our Treasury Bonds? Last time I looked, Japan was the second largest owner of our debt... The good news about government securities is that they are not 'callable'... that means that the owner of the debt can call for repayment on demand... That prevents China from being able to place us over a barrel and demand payment for those bonds when we don't have any money... like right now.
The Federal Government should be worrying, however, about China... their economy is NOT doing well... if their money should dry up... who will buy our debt?? Who will lend money to us??
I don't know if the Senate has voted to ok whatever nonsense that was that the House voted on and approved yesterday... it doesn't matter... If I were a rating agency, I would have down-rated our government's ability to repay its debt a long time ago...
... and quietly throughout all of this... have any of you noticed that we have 'settled' for about $3.75 per gallon as the 'normal' price for gasoline?
I would love to see consistency on the part of our politicians... either party... both parties...
I tend to be an optimist about things like this, but...
I fear we are greatly fucked...
I hope I'm wrong...
but I don't think so...
~shoes~






I don't think you're wrong. I've already got my hand-basket packed for the ride. *sigh*
ReplyDeleteAll of this is so totally sick and insane that I'm beginning to think it is all a conspiracy. :)
ReplyDeleteOnly half kidding because I just can't understand how some fairly bright people can mess things up so badly.
I usually don't read about politics, but you added pictures so it attracted me.
ReplyDeleteIt worries me that a BIG guy who was able to see some political time, Jesse Ventura, has property off grid in Baja Mexico. What makes a big former Navy Seal up and leave the country and dig in? I would have to challenge his choice of where to dig in..If the big one comes that part of the states is gonna sink into the Ocean...LOL.
And the Jay Leno is buying up gold story...have you heard that one?
And when we borrowed money from China there is a CSPAN video of some meeting in Sacramento(I saw it a year or two ago..I wish I book marked it), I believe my choppy 70's tainted memory recalls...I rely a good part on my gut feelings,eye contact and strange appearances of natural things like animals and shooting stars. The politician was saying "don't panic" when they borrowed money from China. His face and eyes looked deceiving or scared. Maybe because he is a politician or maybe they have a political gun pointed to his head....
It sure looked like a "we are fucked" "I am a liar" look to me.
I have a "hippy" friend named Bear who drove the original "Magic Bus" and I call the President of the Rainbow Movement...(Those panhandling kids you see and the National Forest mass camp out free spirited stoners to simply put it) well he up and found a large developing area of real estate in a choice part of the US that is strategically above a mythical new type of line on the map similar to what Mason/Dixon was back during the Civil War..He was buying it straight out quick and also digging in. That was in 2004...
Maybe we are fucked in a natural way and the new ice age is about to come....I am glad I can speak Portuguese and Spanish so there might be some respect when I go down there with my family to avoid the freeze. LOFL
Funny editorials especially the one with Homer Simpson.
ReplyDeleteI've heard the VP been called a lot of things but "the male, Democrat equivalent of Sarah Palin" is a first!
If YOU had the ratio-to-debt figures that our Federal Government does... YOU'D BE IN JAIL !
ReplyDelete@ Nitebyrd... being prepared in some form or fashion is going to be the best things that people at our level can do. I've never seen politicians acting so irresponsibly... *shrugs*
ReplyDelete@ Linda... I think that these 'bright' people of whom you speak mess things up because they are trying to take care of their own personal interests (lobbyists, unions, big industry, etc) instead of trying to look out for the people (taxpayers) whose money ultimately funds all of these train wrecks...
@ Bluezy... You know... for a very small amount of time, Jesse Ventura made sense... and then he seemed to go off the deep end.
I am honestly... and seriously... worried about the future of our country. I honestly have no idea where I would want to relocate....
You speak Portuguese?? I understand that is a rather difficult language... is that a native language for you? Isn't Portuguese the national language of Brazil??
Charge rent? Hell, NO! Thank you for commenting!!! :o)
@ Hi there, Princess... well, it's true. Look at some of the comments he's made over time... Hell, like the one he made about Obama back during the Democratic Primaries... ARGH!!!
I understand that it's party affiliation, but I honestly don't see how any one can talk about Palin's ways and not give Biden equal time...
@ Heff... you and me BOTH!!! But in politics, especially at the national level, it evidently is ok to overspend and find someone else to blame.
Even though the Senate passed this legislation and the President signed it, we have some very difficult times ahead...
~shoes~
I still can't believe you found the quote from Obama...
ReplyDeleteI have my bags packed... I'm thinking... uhmmmm... Ireland. Unless I have so much debt that I'm in jail. ;-D
It's all insane.
xoxo
robelyn
@ Gobbles... The president acknowledged that comment a few weeks/months ago.. Hell, I can't remember when he was talking about it... and he asked the rhetorical question,
ReplyDeleteWhat was I thinking?'
Well... whether one is Democrat or Republican, it's reached the point where it's now about the welfare of their party, not what is in the best interest of the country.
Yes, we needed Health Care Reform, but the Democrats did't negotiate with the Republicans on what eventually passed. The Democrats said that they didn't need the Republican vote to pass and enact it. The sad thing is that the cost to enact and drive this thing will only make financial issues worse in this country.
Obama could learn a few things from Bill Clinton if he would only pay attention. He is showing how inexperienced and so NOT ready for this job he really was.
~shoes~
I REALLY LIKED THIS...
ReplyDelete@ Kurt... Thank you... they can try to spin it anyway they want to... the financial news is NOT any better today.
ReplyDelete~shoes~
Shoes, I really liked this post. I agree with you. Now aside from that, the cartoon with Homer Simpson was hilarious. Pretty much sums everthing up. xo
ReplyDeleteExcellent post and especially the comment by Bluezy! Now you know why I adore her! She makes friggen' sense.
ReplyDelete@ Marnie... I am not sure where ANY of the politicians in the world find and select their inside confidants... some of them are real idiots....
ReplyDelete@ Barb... thank you! I always like your comments and did find Bluezy's to be quite insightful!!
~shoes~